Welcome to the Office of International Affairs
North Carolina State University is a recipient of the 2014 Senator Paul Simon Award for Campus Internationalization, an honor presented by NAFSA: The Association of International Educators.
Paul Simon Award Reception
NC State University is proud to be one of the four universities to win the Senator Paul Simon Award for comprehensive internationalization this year. The Simon Award is the highest recognition U.S. universities or colleges can receive for overall excellence in internationalization efforts, as evidenced through best practices in engagement, programming, curriculum/faculty development and outreach.
The official Simon Award ceremony will be held in Washington D.C. on November 18, with Chancellor Woodson and Vice Provost for International Affairs Bailian Li attending.
We hope you will join us a campus celebration with a light lunch on November 21 to recognize our campus-wide efforts together with university leaders, campus stakeholders, and others who have contributed to university internationalization. This reception will be a wonderful opportunity:
- To celebrate and recognize the incredible accomplishments we have achieved at NC State as a leader in campus internationalization.
- To increase visibility of international efforts throughout campus.
- To promote and re-affirm the campus partnerships required for success in internationalization.
- To build upon those partnerships in order to continue our efforts for internationalization.
- To restate our institutional strategic goals for internationalization moving forward
Date: Friday, November 21, 2014
Location: Talley Student Union - Mountains Ballroom
Please RSVP requested to attend by November 18th: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Mltl8iqIUvaK3IYwo0Lhqmc2PpeSt7X_zwoUNgCdUJs/viewform
Who we are:
The Office of International Affairs (OIA) is the university's center for global engagement. It supports the University’s overall mission of being locally responsive to the needs of our community while promoting globally engaged research, education, and economic development programs that address the grand challenges of our global society.
OIA provides university-level leadership, innovation and coordination to equip students, faculty, staff, and the communities we serve with the global knowledge, cultural understanding, skills and experience to succeed in the new global economy. Our units work towards integrating global perspectives into all aspects of the university's mission as well as strengthening NC State's presence in the world.
What we do:
- Build and support global partnerships
- Develop and promote international programs
- Integrate global perspectives into the curriculum
- Engage the community in global awareness initiatives
- Provide logistical support for international engagement on campus or abroad
Phone: (919) 515-3201
Staff listing: Visit the About OIA page.
|Simon Award Reception-slider.jpg||38.77 KB|