NC State offers 49 NC State Summer Study Abroad Programs, most of which allow you to pay NC State tuition and earn NC State credits while abroad!
Instructions for creating a profile in the DICE database using your Unity ID:
- Go to http://oia.ncsu.edu/dice/person/add
- Follow the prompts for Unity Log-in (** the first time you log in, you will be brought to a preliminary registration field— simply enter your First & Last name and email and click “Submit”)
- On the main registration page, enter your Unity ID into the “Sync Unity ID Details” field and click the “Sync” button to the right of the field.
- Enter any text you would like to include into the “Countries and/or Regions of Interest” and “Academic Activities/Institutional Linkages” fields and select your “College” from the drop-down list provided.
- Click “Submit”.
* scroll down for additional tips and tricks
Adding a Profile Picture
- Go to your profile page by searching for your name from the main DICE search page and then clicking on your name.
- On the bottom, right-hand side of your profile page, click the “Add Your Profile Image” link (* if you are not already logged in, this will take you to through the Unity log in before returning you to the picture upload page).
- On the picture upload page, use the “Browse” function to browse your computer for the image you would like to use. Once you are satisfied, click the “Upload Profile Image File Now” button. The picture will be automatically resized to fit the default size for the database.
- You may change your profile image at any time by clicking the “Change your Profile Image” link in the bottom right-hand corner of your profile page.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Before entering your profile, check to see if you are already in the database by entering your name into the search bar and clicking “Search”. If your search returns a result, click on your name to go to your profile page and click the “Edit Your Profile” link on the bottom right-hand side of your profile page and begin at Step 2. If no result was returned, follow the instructions above.
- When you click the “Sync” button on the registration page, it will populate all of the fields with your contact information that is currently listed in the NC State Directory. You may edit any of this information if it does not appear to be correct as well as add additional information not available through the Directory.
- When entering your profile information, you can type the text into the field provided or cut and paste from other documents, such as your CV or web page. Please include relevant international expertise, international institutions with which you have developed a relationship, as well as countries and/or regions in which you have an academic interest.
- Be sure to select your “College” from the drop-down list provided (**this field is not automatically populated when you sync your Unity ID, but is important for you to be correctly displayed in the search results).
- What you enter into these fields will be important in how you are displayed in search results so please use keywords to represent your expertise that would be used by those in your field as well as colleagues outside your field.
- **If you are copying and pasting from a word processing document, such as Microsoft Word, please copy the text into a text editor such as Notepad before copy and pasting into the registration field.Formatting in MS Word can interfere with the HTML in the site and prevent you from showing up correctly in search results)
- Once you click “Submit”, you will be automatically entered into the DICE database and will begin to show up in search results. If you would like to edit your profile at any point, you may do so from the “Edit Your Profile” link on the bottom right-hand side of your profile page (you will be prompted to log in with your Unity ID) . You may get to your profile page at any time by searching for your name from the main search page.
- You can also navigate to the profile page by going to http://oia.ncsu.edu/dice/ and clicking on the “All People” tab. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click the “Submit your profile for approval here” link.
View a brief instructional video on how to create your individual profile in DICE, using your Unity ID: