Partners in Costa Rica
North Carolina State University has partnerships with several Costa Rican universities and organizations. The university also has academic and study abroad programs associated with Costa Rica.
Partners in Costa Rica:
NC State University has a standard MOU with its strategic partner Universidad de Costa Rica in San José, Costa Rica, articulating academic exchange in the areas of education, research and extension.
Majors, Minors & Certificates
NC State offers undergraduate degree programs in all Foreign Languages, Spanish Teacher Education Option and International Studies, as well as graduate degree programs in Global Innovation Management, International Studies, and Spanish Language and Literature. NC State offers minors in International Studies and Spanish, and certification in Global Perspectives.
Study Abroad Programs
- CSLEPS Alternative Spring Break: Rainforest Conservation in Sarapiqui, Costa Rica
- NCSU Summer Study Abroad Program: San Jose, Costa Rica
- NCSU Summer Study Abroad Program: Global Plant Health Internship in various locations throughout Costa Rica
- NCSU Summer Study Abroad Program: Foreign Language Studies
- NCSU Summer Study Abroad Program: Sustainable Agriculture
- NCSU Summer Study Abroad Program: Teacher Education
- ISEP: Universidad Nacional in Heredia, Costa Rica
- Non-NCSU: International Studies Abroad (ISA) in various locations throughout Costa Rica
- Spring Break: Tropical Plant Pathology in Costa Rica
NC State's Spanish Club (Circulo de Español) is devoted to learning more about the Spanish language and the Spanish culture. The club offers several opportunities for members to improve their speaking skills and it also exposes them to Hispanic culture through various presentations, film screenings, concerts, and the like.
Mi Familia is a student organization that provides a social, cultural, and political forum for students of North Carolina State University and members of the surrounding community interested in experiencing and promoting the richness of the international Hispanic & Latino community and culture.
The Society of Hispanic Professionals and Engineers is a club that promotes the development of Hispanics in engineering, science, and other technical professions to achieve educational excellence, economic opportunity and social equity.
Costa Rica Program Contacts
Associate Director, Study Abroad Office
Assistant Director, Study Abroad Office
Mr. David Dixon
Office of International Affairs (OIA), Coordinator